(boulder opal miner in QLD, Australia) ...
Peter (left) & Ken (right)
black opal miners in Lightning Ridge,
These guys are amazing.
Working hard under the heat, looking for precious opal (solid, black opal & boulder opal)
for us so that we can introduce it to the world !!! ^^
To see beautiful collection → http://www.opal-direct.com
And my big duty is ....
Before being able to introduce it to the world, I have to sit down in front of "the most beautiful gem on earth - OPAL" and examine its condition first.
And ask myself the following questions.
* Is there any scratch, crack, damage, obvious imperfection on the opal ?
* What is the carat weight, the exact measurements and all details of each opal ?
* How much will it be in today's market (what is the best price to offer) ?
* How should I design & set it in the jewelry so the beauty will show most ?
* What's the best method to show its beauty professionally ?
* Where & who will be the most suitable place / person to take it home ?
* Am I confident enough to sell it and guarantee my clients forever ? etc ...
When all is done & prepared,
we then list our opal collection to show to everyone !!
Beautiful thing does not come around easily ...
Without these fellows hard work and my part,
you might not be able to see these
"rainbow collection" today.